Find helpful information regarding the The Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery including past records.
The Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery is located 1 km north of the Town limits across the road from the Sedgewick Lake Park. The Cemetery is administered and maintained by the Town of Sedgewick.
Cost relating to the Sedgewick Memorial Cemetery are as follows (as per Fees Bylaw #523):
- Sale of Plot (casket burial): $220
- Sale of Cremation Plot in Cremation: $55
- Memorial Book Space on Monument: $55
- Monument Permit Approved: $30
Opening & Closing of Plots:
- Casket: Summer $330 Winter (Nov. 1 – April 30) $900
- Cremation Summer $55 Winter (Nov. 1 – April 30) $165
- Weekend/Holiday Cremation Burials Additional Fee: $110
- Weekend/Holiday Casket Burials Additional Fee: $550
- Grave Liners (required for casket burial): $600
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
The following information is taken from FOIP Question and answers for municipalities:
Can a municipality put the complete cemetery record, such as names, dates of births and deaths, and locations of burial sites, on a web page?
This information is personal information of individuals. The disclosure would be an unreasonable invasion of privacy if the individuals have been deceased for less than 25 years (section 17(2)(i)). Disclosure of this information should be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Town of Sedgewick limits the number of grave sites that can be sold to a person to two plots. Please contact the Town Office at 780-384-3504 for details and/or to purchase plots.
Pursuant to Section 5 of Cemetery Bylaw #519, any monument and/or headstone must be approved by the Town of Sedgewick. Monuments and/or Headstones in the ‘New Site Block’ Cemetery must maintain a certain height level. Please contact the Town Office to discuss any placement of headstones or monuments.
No Person shall install a monument in any area within the Cemetery unless it conforms to the type and style of monument permitted to be installed in that area. All monuments must be flush mount.