Franchise Fee Increase
Council passed a resolution to maintain the Fortis Alberta Franchise Fee at 8% for 2018..
Flagstaff Waste Management
Council approved an MOU with Flagstaff Waste Management to decommission the Sedgewick Transfer Site.
Solid Waste Bylaw
Council gave Second and Third and final reading to Bylaw #533/17, the Solid Waste Bylaw.
The Bylaw speaks to the following issues:
- Requirement for all garbage to be placed within a hardcover receptacle.
- Proper placement and location of receptacles put out for collection.
- Times and duration that the receptacles can be placed out for pickup
- Upkeep/vandalism of receptacles
- Disturbance of residential waste that has been put out for collection
- Items that cannot be placed out for collection
- Provisions of yard waste collection
- Enforcement of the Bylaw
The Bylaw states that the CAO or Bylaw Officer, at their discretion, may issue a letter or notice to anyone in contravention of the Bylaw with timeframe to complete any action required. Non-compliance would result in a fine of $100 for the first offence and $200 for subsequent offences.
RFC Phase II Funding
Council approved the recommendations of the Recreation Funding Committee to allocate Phase II grant funding as follows:
- Sedgewick Minor Ball received $13,526
- Battle River Minor Hockey received $2500
- CHSPS received $2500
- Sedgewick Lake Park received $5000
- Recreation Centre received $27,500