Watering Restriction Bylaw
Council passed Watering Restriction Bylaw 473 to ensure the a continued and abundant supply of Municipal water.
During the period of June 1st to October 1st of each year, watering of outside lawns and gardens shall not be allowed between the hours of:
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day.
During the period June 1st to October 1st of each year, watering of lawns and gardens shall be allowed by all Owners, Tenants or Lessees only on specific days of the week according to their street address pursuant to the following schedule:
- Odd-numbered addresses (those ending with 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9; i.e. 4809 – 48 Street):
- Watering permitted Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
2. Even-numbered addresses (those ending with 0, 2, 4 , 6, or 8; i.e. 4818 – 48 Street):
- Watering permitted Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
3. There will be no watering of outside lawns or gardens on Monday.
4. That all commercial, industrial and institutional properties shall follow the same watering restriction schedule.
5. In cases of extreme drought when reservoir levels become critically low, a total watering ban, including closure of the bulk water loading station will be imposed according to the direction of the Public Works Foreman or their designate.
Penalties for non-compliance:
A person who contravenes any provision of this bylaw by doing any act or thing that is prohibited, or by failing to do any act or thing that is required, is guilty of an offence and liable under summary conviction to pay a fine of not less than $100.00 and not more than $2,500.00.
Any person who commits a second or subsequent offence under this Bylaw within one (1) year of committing a first offense under this Bylaw, is liable on summary conviction to double the amount of the first fine.