Town of Sedgewick
P.O. Box 129
4818 47 Street
Sedgewick, AB T0B 4C0
Fax: (780) 384-3545
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
12:00 Noon - 1:00 PM
Click for directions or a map of Sedgewick
Sedgewick supports recycling and conservation efforts. The immediate recycling opportunities available to you are:
Home recycling (located behind the public works cold storage shop,
4813 – 48th Avenue):
- cardboard bins,
- mixed paper bin,
- commingled bins (tin and plastics #1-7)
Yard compost recycling (located at 5007 – 47th Avenue):
- You can dispose of compostable yard waste in the yard compost bins. Permitted yard waste is considered, lawn trimmings, pine cones, leaves. Absolutely no human household waste, food scraps, animal waste, sticks or branches.
The compostable yard waste is used as cover at the main landfill; supporting the deteriation of materials.
- Every Thursday throughout spring and summer months the Public Works department will pick up neatly bundled twigs, branches and wood if they are placed in the front/rear of personal property and dispose of the material FREE of charge.
This initiative is supported by town council as they support beautification of our community. We recognize that not everyone is able to haul away yard debris.
If you are undertaking an overhaul and removing a large tree or have extensive branches, contact the Town Office and request the use of a town truck. Pending availability a truck (with dump box) will be delivered to your house which you can fill with branches only and disposed of free of charge.
Christmas Tree Pick-Up:
- The public works department picks up fresh Christmas trees every January if they are left by the curb. Trees must be completely free of all decorations to be picked up. Pick up dates will be posted on the website, social media ports and in the monthly newsletter.
- The Town supports water conservation efforts. You are charged $1.50/cubic meter of water used each month. To help conserve water, save money and minimize your footprint you can purchase a rain barrel at the Town Office at a cost of $55.50.
Statistics have shown that rain water is the best alternative for watering flowers, gardens and household plants. The water is natural, there is no chlorination or treatment processes.
Remember, rain water is not safe for human consumption.
- The transfer site is open every Thursday from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, there is a tipping charge for the disposal of items.
Check with the landfill at 780-384-3950 for more information of fees or check out their website at www.frswma.com
- The regional landfill is located approximately 6 miles north and 2 miles east of Sedgewick;. rural address: 45125 RR 122
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturdays - 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Bottle Recycling Depots:
Good as New (Second Hand Store) - 4911-48 Avenue, Sedgewick
- Good as New is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
A donation box is located in the rear of the building. Electronics and furniture are not accepted.
- Rechargable household batteries and old cell phones - Town Office (remember to remove your SIM cards).
- Plastic grocery bags - Sedgewick Co-op Food Store
For more information on recycling in Alberta, visit the Recycling Council of Alberta and/or the Electronic Recycling Association
See a virtual tour of Sedgewick
Click Here to see Monthly Calendar