Quick Links

Town Administration

Town of Sedgewick

P.O. Box 129
4818 47 Street
Sedgewick, AB T0B 4C0


Phone: (780) 384-3504
Fax: (780) 384-3545

Hours of Operations

Monday to Friday
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Closed between
12:00 Noon and 1:00 PM


Click for directions or a map of Sedgewick


Town of Sedgewick
Planning and Development

Check out our new informercial

Municipal Lots for Sale

Town of Sedgewick Legal Map

2014 Strategic Plan

Development and Building Permit Information

The Town of Sedgewick requires that anyone who is building/demolishing any type of structure – including moving a mobile home into the town

PLEASE NOTE*** Payment in full for development permits is required prior to application processing/approval.

Development Permit or Demolition Permit

Town of Sedgewick - Development & Building Process

A Development permit must be obtained from the Town of Sedgewick

Development Permit Fees are as follows:
Residential $50.00
(Includes all development pertaining to residences. I.E. Houses, Garages, Basement Finishing)

Commercial $50.00

Fences, Decks, Renovations, Additions, Small Structures $25.00
(A development permit is required PRIOR to a building permit application)

This applies to any renovations that are being done that would cost more than $5,000 dollars.

A Development Permit requires the following information:

  • A site plan: - a drawing showing the layout of the proposed development on the lot, with measurements showing side/front and back yard setbacks from your property lines.***
  • All legal information – i.e. Legal Address, ownership of property and zoning.
  • Contractor and estimated cost of development.

The Development Permit must be signed by the Town of Sedgewick Mayor and the CAO prior to application of the required building permits.

The Town of Sedgewick contracts permitting services to Superior Safety Codes Inc.  Superior Safety Codes Inc. requires a signed, sealed and numbered Development permit prior to issuing any permits.
Please note that it is the policy of the Town of Sedgewick that all town utility services (water and sewer) must be located and installed at the time of the digging of the basement.

*** It is the owner’s responsibility to locate the survey pins on their lots – the metal detector can be borrowed from the Town to facilitate this process.  Please note that the older areas of town many not have metal pins.***

Once the Development has been approved as complying with the Land Use Bylaw you will need to submit this Development Permit to Superior Safety Codes Inc. – Applications in order to apply for your applicable permits.

Remember to think safety as you start your project and check for power lines and your safety Fortis.

If you are in doubt as to whether something requires a building permit, please call the Town of Sedgewick 780 384 3504 to check.

All Development in the Town of Sedgewick MUST conform to Land Use Bylaw #461 and amending Land Use Bylaw # 483, amending 487, amending 504, amending 505, amending 506
Do you know what your property is zoned.  – Town of Sedgewick Zoning Map.

See a virtual tour of Sedgewick



Click Here to see Monthly Calendar  google calendar button



Site Meter